The perfect summer party punch
Summer time is party time and here is a great idea for a summer punch. This recipe is sure to impress your friends. This recipe makes 27 individual drinks when served in white wine glasses making it a perfect holiday party punch.
The Summer Punch (aka English Christmas Punch)
- 750 ml bottle dark rum
- 750 mi bottle dry red wine
- 3 cups strong tea
- 1 lb superfine sugar
- juice of 1 large orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat, but do not allow to boil, the wine, tea, lemon and orange juices in a saucepan or chafing dish.
- Pour the heated mix into a heat proof punch bowl.
- Place as much sugar as possible into a large ladle and any excess sugar into the punch bowl.
- Saturate the sugar in the ladle with rum.
- Ignite the rum and sugar in the ladle and pour it while still aflame into the punch.
- Stir well and extinguish the flames.
- Pour the remainder of the rum into the punch.
- Stir well.
- Serve in white wine glasses.