My heritage cocktail – A Pinogria
It is heritage weekend and everyone is preparing a braai or some traditional South African event. I think that it is the right time to make a South African cocktail to enjoy with the summer weather which is just around the corner.
It is Sangria with Pinotage as the main wine ingredient.
- – 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Tall Horse Pinotage
- – 1 liter lemonade (carbonated)
- – 1 orange
- – 2 limes
- – 1 cup fresh pineapple – peeled, cored and chopped
- – 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- – Slice the fruit up into bite-size pieces and place in a punch bowl. (You may want to slightly crush the citrus fruits to get a little more of the flavour into the punch.)
- – Pour in the bottle of Pinotage and stir in the lemonade (Pour it in slowly, and taste as you go along – you don’t want to over-dilute the wine!)